Information technology has recorded tremendous growth in the last decade and it has created number of opportunities for the youth. Indian IT industry today accounts for almost 35% of the total export done in India.
Bachelors in Computer application (BCA) is one of the popular options to make a career in information technology. It is an undergraduate academic degree in computer application. The duration of this program is three years. It is equivalent with B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science or Information technology. More than 1000 institutions provide BCA courses in India with an annual intake of more than 50,000 students. This program provides a sound academic base for an advanced career in computer application.
This program demonstrates sound knowledge in key areas of computer science or industrial computing. It also carries out the required analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications.
CICMS is a Training Academy with a unique training model was initiated by BANGALORE UNIVERSITY to convert the human resources more employable by imparting training with industry required specific skill set.
The academy site offers training not only to Graduate Students but also to Corporate Campus recruits in IT Skills along with personality development and soft skills.
An important focus of this academy is also to bring IT Industry and academia together, offer High Quality Training and provide project-ready skilled resources to companies using resources from industry and the university and thus bridge the University - Industry gap through such Innovative Programs.
Courses have been designed to get graduate professionals project ready with special emphasis on soft skills.
To be eligible for BCA, you should have passed 10+2 from any stream with English as passing Subject with minimum 45% marks in aggregate
- After the successful completion of the program, a student should be able to get entry level job in the field of Information Technology or ITES.
- BCA graduates can also start their career as programmers and rise to that of senior programmers.
- Software Development & Design in companies like Microsoft, Oracle, Wipro, Infosys etc.
- System Administrator in big corporate companies like Citibank, HLL, P & G etc.
- Training & Development in companies like NIIT, Cisco etc.
The graduates could expect to work as software programmers, application programmes, software analysts, software developers and software testers in Multinational Companies and Indian companies. The graduates could also seek employment as IT specialists with mobile network providers, networking companies, Internet services providers and data base management companies.
TITLE OF PAPER & SCHEME OF STUDY & EXAMINATION FOR BCA REVASED w.e.f. 2008-2009
|First Semester :
Programing Concepts using C
Oops using C++
Database Management System
|Third Semester :
Data Structure using C
Numerical Analysis & Linear Programming
Data Communication & Networks
Banking & Insurance
Java Programming Project
Soft Skills & Personality Development Lab
|Sixth Semester :
Design & Analysis of Algorithms
Web Programming Projects
- Establishment: 2007 Affiliation: Bangalore University.
- The institution is located in the heart of Bangalore city with excellent infrastructure.
- CICMS is housed in a beautiful campus, which is surrounded by tree-lined streets and abundant greenery.